I think self-improvement is of the utmost importance.
You should always be striving for a better version of you. NEVER settle.
That’s why I have Crest Whitestrips on right now. My lil chiclets need some serious TLC & I am answering the call of duty. Call it vain. I don’t care. I call it self-love. But if you’re like my husband you can just call me vain.
I can’t help it. I’m a self-conscious creature who happened to drink too much red wine in 2014 & is now paying the price with a lackluster smile. First world problems? Yes. But when your nose is as big as mine, you’d try to eliminate as many facial flaws as possible, too.
Love your flaws, ladies. But fix them if you can.
Time: 45 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2-3
- 1 cup of grits
- 1 lb. of cajun chicken sausage
- 3-4 cups of swiss chard, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Cook grits according to package directions – the kind I use take about 30 minutes
- Heat a skillet over medium heat
- Add sausage to the dry skillet, cook for 5-6 minutes or until browned to your desire or cooked through, if yours is not pre-cooked
- Scoot sausage to the outskirts of the skillet + add oil to the center of the skillet
- Add onion + S+P + cook for 3-4 minutes or until onion soft
- Add garlic, cook 1 more minute
- Add chard + S+P, cook for 3 minutes or until wilted
- When grits are almost done, add S+P + cheese
- Serve sausage over grits
- Lift the plate to your pie hole + pour it all in
6 thoughts on “Chicken Sausage + Swiss Chard over Cheese Grits”
mmmm cheese grits are everything.
They are. They really are. 😉
Wow…so THIS is how they make grits.
That’s not really a thing around here, grits, but damn this looks delicious.
Hahahaha. I never ate them when I actually did live in the south. But when I make them myself I can control the amount or lack of heavy cream 😀
That looks pretty boooommmbbb ❤
Why thank you, my sweet dear!