How do I say this? I love stuffing cheese in crap. Vegetables, potatoes, breads, whatever. If cheese is oozing out of something, I want it.
Quesadillas are, quite possibly, the most versatile food of all time. They also have the coolest name that I prefer pronouncing like Napolean Dynamite’s grandmother does. I digress – I make & eat a lot of these bad boys.
I typically just toss in a bunch of peppers, onions & sriracha & call it a day. Tonight I wanted to elevate these crunchy buggers. I could not have been more proud of my quesadilla brain child.
I felt like I was having a fancy appetizer at a restaurant with a white tablecloth. Nope! Just me in my sweats watching Pretty Woman. I ate two (8 pieces) and it was the best decision I’d made that day. Besides the sale at Loft that I partook in.
Go stuff cheese in something!
Time: 20 minutes (prep + cooking)
- 2 medium sized flour tortillas
- 1 cup packed spinach leaves
- 1/2 onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 oz. fresh mozzarella
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 oz. goat cheese
- S+P, to taste
- Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil over medium-high heat in a large pan
- Add garlic + onion, saute for 3 minutes
- Add spinach and saute for another 2-3 minutes, until spinach is wilted and soft
- Add S+P, to taste
- Remove spinach mixture and set aside
- Add the other 1 tbsp. of olive oil into pan and turn heat to medium
- Place one tortilla down and add mozzarella + sun-dried tomatoes + spinach mixture + goat cheese + S+P
- Place other tortilla on top and let cheese melt and bottom tortilla crisp, about 4-5 minutes
- Flip quesadilla and let other side crisp, about 3 more minutes
- Repeat until full!