Going to an art museum with a boy from south Mississippi was one of the more interesting experiences of my life. Y’all should really give it a try.
Like, at first he was all “oh yeah we DEFINITELY gotta do the audio tour” & then when he realized he had to wear a little remote around his neck he was all “nah man not me.”
I honestly lost track of how many times I heard, “Man, I could draw that” or “How is this art?!” But he did enjoy all of the paintings with pretty colors. He’s so darn cute it hurts.
After getting through the entire museum in an hour (we are already really full of culture), I made the poor man watch Gone Girl. He’s, like, a little jittery around me today & I don’t know why…???
All to say, it was the perfect date day. Especially since he let me take endless selfies.
Time: 45 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4-6
- 1 lb. of sausage, sicilian chicken sausage used here
- 1 lb. of fresh tortellini
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 red peppers, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 6 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 cans of fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of packed spinach
- 2 tbsp. of basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tsp. of italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. of onion salt
- 1/2 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- S+P, to taste
- Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Cook the sausage through in a large stock pot over medium heat
- Remove from the pot + lay on a paper towel-lined plate
- Add olive oil to the pot + add onion + S+P, cook until soft about 3-4 minutes
- Add red peppers + garlic + S+P, cook until soft, another 3 minutes
- Add broth + diced tomatoes + italian seasoning + onion salt + crushed red pepper + S+P + bring to a simmer
- Add tortellini + cook until done, about 8-10 minutes
- Add sausage back + spinach + S+P, let warm through + spinach wilt
- Stir in basil
- Serve hot with extra basil + a sprinkle of parmesan cheese
- Put it in a cup + just sip through a straw
Idea came from here: http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/italian-sausage-tortellini-soup/#_a5y_p=1294793