Like, how do people “go out” on work nights? What tragic flaw do I have that makes this so impossible for me?
I was asked to go for a drink after work last night. Ok – a drink. I can handle this. I’ll still be home at a reasonable hour. Yes, this will be great!
I learned that, in the real world, a drink means two & turns into dinner & another. I have so much to learn.
I have not been out that late on a weeknight since probably 2011. I am LIBERATED.
I am also really freakin’ sleepy & have started an IV drip of coffee.
Time: 40 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 6 skewers
- 4 yellow squash, sliced thick
- 4 zucchini squash, sliced thick
- 1 red onion, sliced thick
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup of cilantro, minced
- 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. of oregano
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Brown rice, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Put veggies on skewers in whatever order you desire (add/take away whatever you like)
- In a bowl, combine parsley + cilantro + red wine vinegar + lemon + garlic + oregano + crushed red pepper + olive oil + plenty of S+P
- Drizzle half of the chimichurri on the kebabs
- Roast for 20 minutes
- Drizzle the rest on + serve hot
- Use skewers as swords + fight to the death for the leftovers