New house means I want literally all new things.
Everything I own is ugly. All of it must go & be replaced with Pinterest projects that I do not do myself because I loathe DIY & paint on my hands.
Enter the husband. Who just got power tools & is convinced he could build me an entire house if need be. I say, “I need a coffee table, TV stand, bookshelves, dining table, chairs AND GO!” He calls some friends, grabs some brews & off he goes – just widdling away.
Ladies, let your man have a day that he spends in the garage building crap. He will love you more – I am 100% sure of it. Oh & only bother him when the Domino’s arrives. That’s important.
My TV stand is pretty effing fantastic. Call us for all your furniture needs. No don’t his honey do list is 8 miles long.
Time: 45 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 6-8 egg rolls
- Egg roll wrappers
- 1 1/2 cups of red quinoa
- 1 can of black beans, drained + rinsed
- 1 cup of packed spinach leaves
- 5 tbsp. of soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. of rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. of ground ginger
- 3 tbsp. of olive oil
- P, to taste
- Hoison, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cook quinoa according to package directions, drain + set aside
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce + rice vinegar + garlic + ginger + a tbsp. of olive oil
- Heat a tbsp. of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add beans, cook for 2 minutes
- Add spinach + some P, cook until wilted
- Add soy sauce mixture
- Add quinoa to skillet, cook another 2 minutes + remove from heat
- Lay an egg roll wrapper in a diamond shape
- Add quinoa mix in the corner nearest you + fold bottom up
- Take left side + roll
- Tuck top of the wrapper in
- Seal with the edges with some water
- Place on a lined baking sheet
- Repeat until all wrappers are used
- Drizzle with the rest of the olive oil + bake for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown
- Serve with hoison sauce
- Shove 3 in your mouth & smile