Do you smell that? No, seriously, take a whiff.
It’s fall, y’all! I turn into such a basic b word at this time of year. I’ve already been wearing boots for weeks & I bought my first new scarf 2 months ago. It’s a sickness. Another one of those crazy American diseases the Brits make fun of us for. I don’t care. I wear this badge with honor.
I also think I might have been the first in line for a Pumpkin Spice Latte at my local ‘Bucks. Can you even imagine the squeal I let out when I discovered they changed the recipe & removed a lot of the artificial crap & are using REAL pumpkin now?!?! Not that I cared entirely before because we’ve been pumping our bodies full of chemicals for centuries & we all still exist but STILL. It suits my image better to care, ya know?
Anyways, fall in the PNW is fine except I’m under the impression that everyone here thinks fall is too mainstream. Pumpkin stuff is sooooooo lame. Sweaters are soooo constricting. Falling leaves pollute the earth. K that last one was never said but I guarantee at least 13 people believe that here.
For the next 6 months, I’ll be wrapped in warm blankies reading novels all my days if anyone needs me.
Time: 20 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 1-2
- 1 can of cannellini beans, rinsed + drained
- 1/2 lb. of Brussels sprouts, shredded
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup of walnuts
- 2 tbsp. of honey
- 1 tbsp. of lemon juice
- S+P, to taste
- Heat a skillet over low-med heat
- Add walnuts + shake to stir + toast, about 2-3 minutes (be careful they don’t stick! keep shaking)
- Add beans + let warm through
- In a large bowl, combine beans + walnuts + Brussels sprouts + cranberries + honey + lemon juice + S+P
- Serve warm
- Chase with pumpkin flavored anything to enhance flavor + happiness