Do I brag enough about the beefy hunk I’m married to?
I don’t know exactly how it happened (not true, Taco Bell & a frat party were involved) but I found a man who simply gets me. He knows my imperfections, quirks, and how horrendous my morning breath is, yet he still brings me my bagel in bed every chance he gets!
He’s just the sweetest man God ever did make. The way he lights up when he surprises me with Oreos after he knows I’ve eaten all three sleeves in two nights, simply melts me!
I’m not the easiest of ladies to live with. For instance, we’ve been together for almost six years & have never come close to breaking up for even a second. Does that mean I ever miss an opportunity to ask him if he still loves me? Absolutely not. I’m not a mind reader. I hear, “Duh, you idiot” a lot, though.
And when Valentine’s falls on a weekend he sends flowers to work on the Friday before so I can still show off to my coworkers. This is true love, people.
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4 paninis
- 8 slices of crusty bread
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 of a red onion, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup of sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup of spinach leaves
- 2-3 oz. of fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat + grease a panini maker (or griddle, pan, whatever you’re using!)
- In a bowl, mash avocados
- Add S+P + crushed red pepper
- Spread avocado smash on a piece of bread
- Top with spinach + onion + sun-dried tomatoes + cheese
- Spread avocado on other piece of bread + top
- Grill for 6-8 minutes or until golden + cheese is melted
- Repeat with remaining sandwich fixins
- Serve hot
- Literally smash this into your face it’s the only way