I have officially reentered the workforce.
And now I’ve reached a new level of tired I didn’t know existed.
It’s really pushing me to expand my planning ahead skills.
For instance, this past week, I knew I’d need to cook myself dinner after work one night. I had some leftovers for the other nights, but there was one night I would have to like *cook, cook*. Let me just say, no task has ever felt more impossible than making myself dinner after working all day with a 3 month old strapped to my chest. I’ve resolved to never do it again. That’s how bad it was. And don’t get me started on dishes! So this week, I’m going to make a vat of pasta that should feed me for the week. And if it starts looking gnarly by Friday, so be it! That’s a future Rachel’s stomach problem.
But this salad was supposed to last me two to three days and it lasted one so….
Time: 40 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2-3
- 6 cups of fresh spinach
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed + drained
- 2 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of tahini
- 1 tsp. of honey
- 1 tsp. of Italian seasoning
- S+P, to taste
- 3 tbsp. of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425
- On a lined baking sheet, spread onion + tomatoes in an even layer
- Drizzle with 1 tbsp. of olive oil + S+P
- Roast 25-30 minutes, tossing once, until tomatoes are nice + blistered
- Add chickpeas to the baking sheet + toss with Italian seasoning
- Roast another 5-10 minutes, until the chickpeas start to crisp
- Meanwhile, combine remaining olive oil + apple cider vinegar + tahini + honey + S+P in a lil bowl
- Add your spinach to a large bowl + add warm veggies, toss with dressing
- Serve warm
- Serve with tater tots to really time travel to 2063
3 thoughts on “Warm Spinach Salad”
See? We think alike. Salads work year around. Mmmm. 🥗🍃
A delicious twist on a spinach salad. One I will make.