Man, I really hate Valentine’s Day. A holiday totally made up by the greeting card industries. & all the kissing! Just yucky.
JUST KIDDING – I LOVE LOVE!!!!!!!!
I already cannot wait to get to work so I can watch all of the ladies get flowers delivered. I LOVE seeing ladies get flowers at work – they just glow. & all of the red! I look great in red – this is the perfect holiday.
I just have such fond memories of V-Day from elementary school. In 3rd grade, we got to make our own valentine boxes that the kids could drop off little notes in & I made mine out of used mini muffin wrappers. Needless to say, I got lots of valentines that year.
Love today, people. Just love someone. & if you have no one to love, love this salad.
Time: 20 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 12 oz. of barley
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed + drained
- 1/4 cup of sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup of arugula or spinach
- 1 tbsp. of cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 cup of feta cheese
- S+P, to taste
- Cook barley according to package directions, strain + set aside
- In a bowl, combine onion + red pepper + chickpeas + sun-dried tomatoes + arugula + cilantro
- Add warm barley + lemon juice + feta + S+P
- Eat straight out of the giant bowl you combined everything in because it’s Valentine’s Day & you CAN