I’m a purse gal. Always have been. Shoes don’t get my juices flowing like a giant, leather handbag does. I was the girl that had like 8 Dooney & Bourkes in middle school. You know, the colorful ones with the ducks all over them? I was so popular.
I’ve been carrying around a ginormous, brown leather Michael Kors
suitcase purse for the past 3 years. It’s a hot mess. The straps break daily & my junk flies everywhere. It’s time to lay her to rest.
Perfect opportunity arose yesterday when I was at a fundraising luncheon that was auctioning off hundreds of purses. No excuses, Rachel, get a purse! So I’m walking around, studying the bags, playing it cool – when suddenly, our eyes meet. The bag to end all bags. A Texas-sized, structured, yellow Marc Jacobs. Come to mama. I bid lots of dollars.
I take my eyes off of it for ONE SECOND and it’s gone. GONE. Someone bought it out right. I finally find her strutting around the room with my bag on her arm. I think about stealing it. I think about tripping her. I think about writing her a very large check. As you can probably guess, I did nothing but eat my salad quietly & give the money I wanted to use on a purse to the charity. I’m so thoughtful even in times of grief.
However, I did pout the rest of the day & refuse to get over it for at least 72 more hours.
Time: 35 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4 crostini (depending how big your bread is)
- Sourdough bread
- 1 bundle of asparagus
- 1 can of cannellini beans, rinsed + drained
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. of parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 oz. of fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- S+P, to taste
- Balsamic vinaigrette, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- On a lined baking tray, lay out the asparagus
- Drizzle with olive oil + sprinkle with S+P + 1 tbsp. of parmesan cheese
- Roast for 10-12 minutes
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine cannellini beans + onion + crushed red pepper + S+P
- Mash the beans with the back of a fork
- On the same baking sheet, lay out bread + spread bean mix evenly over each piece
- Add asparagus + some mozzarella
- Put back in the oven until cheese is melted
- Serve with extra parmesan + balsamic vinaigrette
- Impress the masses!