Have I already revealed that I don’t do exercise?
It’s not a secret. I’m either binge watching something, cooking or sleeping. I just don’t have time to sweat. My metabolism has, thus far, been my BFF. I eat all the things I want & nothing happens. When it does happen, I stop eating Oreos & it stops happening. That’s just how it’s worked for me. I didn’t choose this life, OK?
As I enter into my old age, I find my skin starting to just kind of hang on my bones. My body is betraying me & I’m upset. Luckily, my husband is basically a body builder. His new hobby is something called “olympic weight lifting” – I have no idea. I’ve resisted lifting weights with him until my Women’s Health had an article telling me that it would not bulk me up & make me look I’m on roids!!! So I did it.
It was all fine & dandy. I’m naturally good at just about everything so lifting a barbell over my head was nothing different. Except no one told me what my body would feel like two days later. The only picture I can paint is me walking around like a giant branch is up my butt. It’s just unreal. Some muscles in my legs have decided to go completely numb & stop working???? Idk. I’m over it, though.
Just gonna stick to depriving myself of Oreos when I feel chubby.
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2
- 1.5 pounds of cajun chicken sausage, cut in chunks
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- On a bare baking sheet, arrange peppers + onions
- Drizzle with olive oil + S+P
- Roast in the oven for 12-14 minutes
- Meanwhile, cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat, browning to your liking
- Once peppers are roasted + sausage is browned, add peppers to the skillet + combine
- Serve hot
- Eat this daily because it’s paleo + it’s acceptable by law