I’m human – I have urges.
And sometimes they hit me so suddenly that I turn into a real-life monster until they are fulfilled. Like tonight, when I was shampooing my hair & it hit me – if I don’t get mint Oreos & skim milk within the hour I might actually keel over.
OF COURSE I’m dieting this week (going without Oreos until my tummy pooch subsides) & I didn’t get any supplies at the grocery store. I am trapped in hell, basically. I literally curled up in a ball on top of Garrett & whined until he agreed to go get me some. My knight in shining armor!
I ride with him because I am selfless, obviously, but refuse to go inside because wet hair. He goes in & they ARE OUT OF OREOS. So he gets me warm, fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies. I can work with this. He struts out, all proud.
“Umm where is the milk?”
“You need milk for these kind of cookies?”
“I need milk for ALL cookies!!!!!!”
So he went back in & got me milk.
I’m a troll, I know, but at least I’m fat & happy.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 6 grilled cheeses
- 5 oz. low fat cream cheese
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup of Colby jack, shredded
- 1/4 cup of sriracha mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp. of pimentos (found near olives & pickles)
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder
- 3-4 green tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup of panko breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- Butter, for bread + pan
- Rye bread
- S+P, to taste
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese + cheddar + colby jack + mayo + pimentos + garlic powder + S+P
- Refrigerate until ready to use
- In a small bowl, add eggs + a tbsp. of water
- In another bowl, add panko + S+P
- Dredge tomatoes in egg + panko
- Heat a tbsp. of olive oil in a pan over just below medium heat
- Cook tomatoes 4 at a time for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown
- Butter one side of rye bread + spread the other side with the pimento cheese + top with 2 tomatoes + another piece of buttered bread, repeat
- Heat the other tbsp. of olive oil + a lil butter in a nonstick pan over just below medium heat + cook sandwiches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until crisp to your desire
- Serve hot
- Unbutton your pants + just go to town on these