I detoxed this weekend.
Not with food, please, I swam in carbs the whole time. I mean with my face.
Like, I did not put on a stitch of makeup for 48 hours. It was both horrifying & liberating.
I even went to the grocery store sans my face on. I was just rockin’ the crap out of my pasty skin. Thinking, “Why don’t I do this more often? I look awesome!” Then, I get home & FaceTime with my mom. The horror! Does anyone else look as heinous on FaceTime as I do?? Or is that just my actual face?? Because not only will I stop wearing makeup all together, but I need to invest in some large paper bags.
Just kidding. I know I’m cute as all get out.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 1 package of ziti
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 cups of vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. of oregano
- 1 tbsp. of dried basil
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 2 tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook ziti according to package directions + drain
- In a saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat
- Add onion + S+P, cook for 3-4 minutes
- Add garlic, cook another minute
- Add fire roasted tomatoes, cook 2-3 minutes
- Add stock + bring to a boil
- Turn down the heat + stir in oregano + basil + crushed red pepper + S+P, let simmer for 8-10 minutes
- Transfer to a food processor + pulse until smooth
- Combine sauce + ziti + S+P
- Arrange evenly in a baking dish
- Top with tomato slices + cheese
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted + golden
- Serve hot
- Serve in deep bowl for your guests to swim in
8 thoughts on “Baked Ziti”
Having never heard of ‘ziti’ I was half afraid to open this post – especially when you then went on to talk about detoxing your skin (as ‘zit’ is English for ‘spot/pimple’)
I am relieved to say, tis looks delic x
Yeah you are, you’re cute as a button and you know it 😀
Nom nom ❤
Yum yum! That’s what I did last week. Carb out. Felt good. Waistline bigger though. Sad face. At least I can mentally justify it with the higher protein pastas now on the market like Barilla’s Protein Plus line of ziti, etc. All that lycopene in the meal shows you did try to veg it up though. Points there!
I fell in love with your last sentence, “I’m as cute as all get out.” That’s right. You tell ’em. That type of detox is tough. I don’t wear a full face of makeup most days of the week, but I have to draw in my brows. People can usually tell that I am hating my life if my eyebrows aren’t done.
Love zita with just about anything. Love your read, too.
Who could ever give up cards for 24 hours? I knew instantly it couldn’t be a food detox 🙂 This looks delicious!
OMG…laughing out loud as I’m typing this! Awesome 🙂
Nora @ http://www.thehealthyhaus.com
I thought you looked beautiful when we Facetimed!! More pasta recipes please as I’m old and don’t care about my waistline.