I’m a very shy person.
Perhaps this is surprising considering my willingness to post stories about myself every week for anyone to read & make fun of, but it’s painfully true.
I have a really tough time making new friends. I have two defense mechanisms when thrown to the wolves that are new humans. 1) I go into fake, overly nice mode & can only come up with things like, “what’s your favorite color???” as my conversation starters. 2) I shut down. Like, I just don’t speak in the group of people & everyone slowly forgets I’m there & they continue with their lives. Is this normal?
I’m working on this, though. I’m ready to evolve. In my initial meeting with a new person, I want to come across as sweet, smart, powerful, and reminiscent of a young Jennifer Aniston. These qualities make up the best version of myself.
But I definitely don’t want to reveal how utterly full of myself I am. Please advise.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4
- 1 head of broccoli, rinsed + trimmed into florets
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese + more for serving
- 1/4 cup of walnuts
- 2 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1 package of whole wheat pasta
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes, rinsed
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain
- In a food processor, combine broccoli + cheese + walnuts + garlic + lemon juice + olive oil + S+P, process until smooth
- In a bowl, combine pesto + pasta + tomatoes + S+P
- Arrange in a baking dish + bake for 20 minutes
- Serve hot
- It’s full of broccoli just cram it in there