I have a thing with department stores.
Well, I have a thing about department store lighting.
A store has to have good lighting for me to shop there. I do this for a multitude of reasons, but I will only share a couple. 1) I have some pretty harsh features that only look decent in natural or very low light. 2) When I was 7, I got lost in a poorly lit Target & had to ask an associate to call my mom on the loudspeaker.
By far the worst culprit in America, though, is the horror that is Kohl’s. Even the name floods me with anxiety. The dull, artificial light that literally every single Kohl’s in the world is plagued with has ruined any chance of me ever finding any bargains there. It’s a real source of discomfort for me. On like 4 occasions, my husband has played this joke on me where he pretends like we’re going somewhere & instead pulls in to the Kohl’s & physically carries me in kicking & screaming. Does he buy anything? No. Does he like to watch me throw a temper tantrum on the pillow aisle? Yes.
It’s a real bummer because Kohl’s carried the Candie’s brand of junior clothes & I hate that I couldn’t participate in that trend.
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled + chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 3-4 links of soyrizo
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Cilantro, for serving
- Avocado, for serving
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat
- Add potatoes + S+P, cook for 6-8 minutes
- Add onion + S+P, cook another 3 minutes
- Add garlic, cook another minute
- Add green pepper, cook another 3 minutes
- Squeeze soyrizo out of casings + into pan, cook until soyrizo is done, about 5-6 minutes
- Serve hot with cilantro + avocado
- Use toy shovel you used to use to build sand castles to shove this in your mouth
9 thoughts on “Sweet Potato + Soyrizo Hash”
Love the idea…looks like a quick, simple, but yummy meal!
It’s all of the above! Thanks for reading 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Why thank you!!
Thank you so much for reading!
I need to find a replacement for the toy shovel… oh wait, maybe I can steal it from a child! Yes yes sounds like a good idea!
Hahahaha yeah like taking candy from a baby. Totally acceptable in this situation.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I like you girl 😉 ahahah