What to do with all of this free time when the good TV is on hiatus…………………….
I feel like I am in a reality show/melodramatic sitcom limbo where I am without outlet for all of my evening feelings.
What do those with lives do in the evenings?
I tried Cloroxing some stuff and I followed Felix (my Roomba) around for a while. I called my mom and talked her ear off for a half hour. I stared at my massive pores for a bit and daydreamed of what a button nose would look like on my face. I’d like to take a walk but I live in Antarctica and Topanga can barely make it to the mailbox without wheezing. The book I’m reading has bored me to tears so I can barely get through three pages a day, but I am not a quitter!!!!!! I have simply run out of activities.
Online shop for things I will never be able to afford it is!!!!!!!!!!
Time: 45 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2-3 peeps
- 1 butternut squash, seeded + cubed
- 1/2 head of red cabbage, shredded
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of green chiles
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tsp. of cinnamon
- 1 tsp. of chili powder
- 1 tsp. of cumin
- S+P, to taste
- Cilantro, for serving
- Corn tortillas, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Arrange squash on a lined baking sheet
- Drizzle with 1 tbsp. of olive oil + cinnamon + chili powder + S+P
- Roast for 25 minutes, tossing 1-2 times
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a sauce pan over medium heat
- Add 1/2 the onion + S+P, cook 3 minutes
- Add beans + green chiles + cumin + S+P< cover + simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally
- To serve, spread some beans on a tortilla + top with squash + cabbage + raw onion + cilantro
- Serve hot
- Open wide for the butternut choo choo train – CHOOOO CHOOOOO (sorry that was not my best work)