Do you ever think about how dirty your fellow grocery goers’ hands are?
Well, now you are.
I consider myself a pretty serious hand washer. Mainly because I stock pile Christmas-scented Bath and Body Works hand soaps so all year-round my hands smell like a gingerbread latte, but no matter the motive, they’re clean.
It hit me as I was reaching for some jalapenos the other day. How many grubby mitts have touched these petite peppers? I halted in the aisle and began to watch my peers. I wouldn’t say I ~judged~ anyone necessarily, I’m sure they’re all perfectly nice, but I did find myself questioning their hygiene habits. Then, questioning the entire grocery establishment! Where are these avocados sourced from? Is this spinach ~really~ washed and ready to use? Can I even trust this place?
Would like to grow all of my own produce to control these variables, but alas dirt freaks me out.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2 dozen potstickers
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup of green onions, rinsed + chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled + sliced thin or chopped
- 1/2 head of green cabbage, sliced thin
- 8 oz. of crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. of ginger, ground
- 1/2 cup of low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. of rice vinegar
- Cooking spray
- S+P, to taste
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add onion + S+P, cook 3 minutes
- Add mushrooms + S+P, cook another 5 minutes
- Add garlic + ginger, cook another minute
- Add green onion + carrot + cabbage, cook another 2 minutes
- Add 1-2 tbsp. of your soy sauce, simmer 1 minute
- Lay a wrapper flat + fill with a lil veggie mixture
- Wet edges of wrapper + fold corner to corner + press together into shape of your desire, repeat with all wrappers
- Arrange on lined baking sheet
- Spray with cooking spray
- Bake 12-15 minutes depending on how crispy you want ’em!
- Meanwhile, stir remaining soy sauce with rice vinegar for dipping
- Serve hot
- Try to beat my record of devouring all 24 in 24 minutes
Idea from here!