I don’t know how old I am.
Without, like, REALLLLLLYYYYY thinking about it.
When asked, I answer with a number anywhere from 19-32.
It really depends on my mental state that day, I suppose. Like, if I’m feeling super carefree and like the world is my oyster, I instinctively say, “I’m 23!” If I’m acting mature (pronounced with a soft ‘u’) and like I have literally everything figured out, my go-to is, “Ahh, yes, I’m 30.” Though my actual age is 26, I literally NEVER get the age question right on the first try. Some days I’m like, I was literally 18 years old and wearing halter tops and going to frat parties yesterday. Other days I’m all, kids these days going to bars, ordering vodka sodas and staying out until 11 pm – what hooligans!
There’s a word for people like me – delusional.
Time: 40 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4-5
- 2 cans of chickpeas, rinsed + drained
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 bunch of swiss chard, stems removed + chopped
- 1 lime
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 3 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. of chili powder
- 1 tsp. of cumin
- 1 tsp. of smoke paprika
- S+P, to taste
- Tortillas, for serving
- Brown rice, for serving
- Refried beans, for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Cilantro, for serving
- In a bowl, combine 1/2 of the olive oil + all of the garlic + chili powder + cumin + smoked paprika + juice of 1/2 a lime + S+P
- Add chickpeas + coat
- Heat 1/2 the remaining olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat
- Add chickpeas + cook for 6-8 minutes until cooked + crispy, remove
- Heat the rest of the olive oil + add onion + S+P, cook for 3-4 minutes
- Add peppers + S+P, cook another 3-4 minutes
- Add chard + S+P, cook another minute
- Add chickpeas, cook another minute
- Serve warm with tortillas + lime wedges + brown rice + refried beans + cilantro
- Be like me + mix literally all of the ingredients together + show bowl to friends who don’t like their foods to touch + watch them scream