What kind of world do we live in that I get excited about….a face mask?
This kind, apparently!
Unless you’ve been living under a rock (which may not be a bad idea, v few people under there), you know the CDC recommends we all wear masks when we go out now.
Not typically a problem for me considering I’ve been holed up in this house for 5 weeks, but I DO still have a couple of doctor appointments to make. Since I previously shared I have no actual skills like sewing and since paper masks are equivalent to gold bars in today’s society, I was about to be plumb out of luck! Until a sweet angel friend swooped in with her heavenly wings and whipped me up a lil cloth mask. She even let me pick the pattern…like. I chose a lemon print because…obviously. I put it on and I’m just like, “COVID-19, but make it fashion.”
I don’t yet have the hang of breathing while wearing it, but baby steps.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2-3
- 4 carrots, peeled
- 1 bunch of asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion, halved
- 1 can of cannellini beans, rinsed + drained
- 1/4 cup of sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat grill
- Drizzle veggies with 2 tbsp. of olive oil evenly + some S+P
- Grill carrots + asparagus directly on flame, turning a couple times until tender
- Place onion halves face down on grill for about 3-4 minutes before turning
- Wrap tomatoes in foil + grill until blistered, about 6-7 minutes
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add cannellini beans + S+P, cook 6-7 minutes
- Add sun-dried tomatoes, cook another 3-4 minutes
- Serve veggies warm with beans on top
- Grab a knife + fork + cut up into these bad boys + then just start lapping up the contents
One thought on “Grilled Veggies + Beans”
If wearing a face mask is assuring, I’m doing it. So I went to the grocery store. When people saw my mask, they respected the 6-foot distancing. 👁👁🍃