I really need a hobby.
Because my phone storage cannot handle me being Lou’s personal photographer/videographer.
Literally all I do is take 235 photos & videos of her doing the exact same mundane thing each day.
And I love every minute of it. And I hope my friends do, too, because I send them to everyone. People are probably like, “Oh, great, another photo of Rachel’s baby laying in her pack n play sucking on her pacifier, excellent.” I’m sorry, I really cannot help I birthed the world’s cutest baby. It’s a blessing & a curse! I can’t keep this cuteness to myself. She must be shared with the world! She’s been here for 6 weeks & I swear I have no fewer than 1,000 photos. I went to the doctor today & it took everything in me not to just shove my phone in everyone’s faces and say, “SEE, see what I made!”
Now how do I get her face on a jar of some pureed peas?
Time: 1.5 hours (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 1 butternut squash, chopped into cubes
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1-2 chipotle peppers in adobo (depending on your preference), chopped
- 1 tbsp. of chili powder
- 2 tsp. of cumin
- 1 tsp. of paprika
- 1/4 tsp. of cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cans of black beans, rinsed + drained
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 2-3 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Avocados, for serving
- Cilantro, for serving
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Heat oil in a stock pot over medium heat
- Add onion + S+P, cook 3-4 minutes
- Add jalapeno + bell peppers + butternut squash + S+P, cook another 6-7 minutes
- Add garlic, cook another minute
- Add chili powder + cumin + paprika + cinnamon, cook another minute
- Add chipotle peppers, cook another minute
- Add bay leaf + black beans + tomatoes + broth
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover + simmer for an hour, stirring occasionally
- Serve hot with cilantro + avocado + tortilla strips
- Curl up in the warmest blankie + stare at your twinkling Christmas tree + stuff yourself until you explode
Adapted from here!
One thought on “Butternut Squash Chili”
OK if I put a little cheese on it?