Our fridge is on the fritz.
Yesterday it started making this horrendously loud humming noise. Try as I might to ignore it and tell myself everything is fine, Louisa & I both had headaches within a couple hours.
By the afternoon, it was beeping and giving me 90’s flashbacks to AOL dial up.
Naturally, I had visions of a pipe bursting and flooding the kitchen and destroying the hardwood and causing water damage and pooling so heavily in one spot that the floor caves in. So I convinced Garrett to empty the fridge and freezer and live out of coolers until we can get a repairman out here. It’s kind of like camping! Or what I imagine camping would be like if I were to ever try it.
It was all fun and games until I went to grab my daily smoothie fixings and what was supposed to be my frozen mango was soft and sad.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 1 package of pasta
- 1 1/2-2 cups of cubed butternut squash
- 3/4 cup of raw cashews, soaked for a couple of hours + drained
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup of buffalo sauce
- 2 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 7 tbsp. of nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. of paprika
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp. of dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. of Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. of turmeric
- S+P, to taste
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- Arugula, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400
- Arrange butternut squash on a lined baking sheet + drizzle with olive oil + S+P
- Roast 25-30 minutes, tossing once, until roasted
- In a food processor, blend the cashews
- Add butternut squash + almond milk + buffalo sauce + garlic + nutritional yeast + paprika + red pepper + dijon mustard + Italian seasoning + turmeric + S+P, blend until smooth
- Meanwhile, cook pasta to al dente, reserving a lil bit of pasta water
- Drain pasta + add back to pot with sauce, adding the pasta water if necessary to thin it out + make it saucy
- Serve warm with some arugula
- The arugula is really just to make you feel like you are the picture of health despite you eating a vat of pasta rn