Anecdote: I got out of high school at 2 p.m. & I had to be at work at 3 p.m. every day. I would leave school, go to Chick-fil-A, order a 12-count of nuggets, medium fries, & a large cookies & cream milkshake. Every effing day. I regret nothing. I was reckless & in my baby fat stage.
I haven’t had a bad meal since I arrived in Washington, but this place is missing the restaurant chain that built me (Miranda Lambert lyric cred).
A chain that nourished me with breakfasts, lunches, dinners, snacks. A place that accepted me in my pajamas and my party dresses. A restaurant that force fed me milkshakes during every breakup. My home away from home with way better food.
Politics aside, don’t tell me you’ve ever had better chicken nuggets because you would be a big, fat liar. I’m convinced they stuff them with crack. Little crack nuggets.
I would never try to make my own chicken nuggets because they would pale in comparison & just suck. So I made cauliflower ones. They were crunchy & creamy & yummy & filling??? & light & cute. I don’t care what’s inside. I just think we should all eat more nuggets.
Time: 40 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2-3
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut in florets
- 1 cup of seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp. of garlic salt
- 1 tbsp. of onion salt
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- S+P, to taste
- Olive oil, for cooking
- Put florets in a microwave safe bowl + add 1/2 cup of water
- Steam in microwave for 7-8 minutes or until tender enough to mash
- Squeeze water out of cauliflower + add to a different, large bowl
- Add 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs + garlic salt + onion salt + red pepper + S+P
- Heat a tbsp. of olive oil over medium-high heat in a skillet
- Form cauliflower mixture into nuggets + roll them in other 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs + add to pan one at a time
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until desired crispiness
- Serve with favie dipping sauce + some sweet potato frenchies