I heard on the news today that someone just created an app that pinpoints open parking spots in downtown, urban areas. Like, how lazy have we gotten? Also, how genius.
There’s another new one that is like an Uber but for carting your kids to school & soccer practice & crap. Like, the amount of things wrong with this one are staggering. If you are letting a stranger drive your child around, you deserve to be run over by said stranger. Am I right or?
I just hate technology. I wish the entire world lived without apps & social media on their phones. Like, can’t we all just get little Cingular cell phones with nothing but that Snake game on them?
Maybe I’m just jealous because I’m not smart enough to think of an app on my own. I’d like one that picks out my outfits for me everyday. It would remind me that I just wore that sweater last week & I look frumpy in it anyways. Wow, ok, I retract earlier statement – I am BRILLIANT. Someone patent this & give me all of the credit.
I would patent this, too, but there is nothing left to show for it.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 tsp. of orange zest
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp. of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. of sugar
- 2 tbsp. of sriracha (adjust to your heat preference)
- 1 tsp. of rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. of ground ginger
- Olive oil
- S+P (plenty of it, cauliflower got no taste)
- Sesame seeds, for serving
- Green onion, for serving
- Brown rice, for serving (the cauliflower alone is not enough for a meal, I highly recommend this)
- In a bowl, combine flour + 1 tbsp. of water + lots of S+P
- Dredge cauliflower in flour (the flour sticks, I promise), set leftover flour mix aside (using this later)
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat
- Fry cauliflower, in batches, to desired crispiness
- Set aside on a paper towel-lined plate
- Add red pepper + S+P to the same skillet, cook for 2-3 minutes
- Set red pepper aside with cauliflower
- In the same skillet, heat another tbsp. of olive oil over medium heat
- Add garlic + cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add broth + orange juice + orange zest + ground ginger + soy sauce + sugar + sriracha + rice wine vinegar + S+P, let simmer for 5-7 minutes
- Add a tbsp. of remaining flour mix to the sauce + let thicken (add a little more if not thickened to your desire)
- Add cauliflower + red pepper to skillet, cook for 2-3 more minutes
- Serve over brown rice with green onion + sesame seeds
- Impress all of the humans around you
TONS of these recipes on Pinterest, but I used this one as my compass: