Y’all know COPS? Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do COPS? I literally can’t escape this show.
This freakin’ show has been on for 26 years. Is there any other program that’s been on that long besides, like, the news???
Garrett is stupid obsessed. We’ve spent weekends doing nothing but binge watching it. It’s gotten to the point where he finds it on & is like, “yeah I’ve seen this one.” THERE ARE 26 YEARS WORTH OF EPISODES, yet we’ve seen them all.
He recently placed the cherry on top of our Washington move by revealing that we are literally living in the city the show was first filmed in. Like, wow what a selling point I must have missed that on the sign pulling into town.
BRB must go lock the doors & start a fresh episode because THEY ARE STILL MAKING THIS SHOW.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4-6
- 1 lb. of whole wheat pasta
- 1 cup of cashews
- 1 tbsp. of corn starch
- 1 tbsp. of nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. of cumin
- 1 tsp. of chili powder
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp. of paprika
- 5 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- 2 jalapenos, diced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add onion + S+P + let caramelize for 18-20 minutes
- Add 1 jalapeno + 1 tbsp. of garlic + S+P a few minutes before your onions are done
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions
- Meanwhile meanwhile, in a food processor, combine cashews + corn starch + yeast + cumin + chili powder + red pepper + paprika + rest of the garlic + broth + other jalapeno + S+P, pulse until liquified
- In the warm pot you cooked the pasta in, combine noodles + cashew cheese + S+P
- In a sprayed baking sheet, lay out the pasta + sprinkle with breadcrumbs
- Cook covered for 20 minutes
- Uncover + cook for 10 more minutes
- Take foot bath in remaining cashew cheese
Adjusted the cashew cheese from here: