Y’all know COPS? Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do COPS? I literally can’t escape this show.
This freakin’ show has been on for 26 years. Is there any other program that’s been on that long besides, like, the news???
Garrett is stupid obsessed. We’ve spent weekends doing nothing but binge watching it. It’s gotten to the point where he finds it on & is like, “yeah I’ve seen this one.” THERE ARE 26 YEARS WORTH OF EPISODES, yet we’ve seen them all.
He recently placed the cherry on top of our Washington move by revealing that we are literally living in the city the show was first filmed in. Like, wow what a selling point I must have missed that on the sign pulling into town.
BRB must go lock the doors & start a fresh episode because THEY ARE STILL MAKING THIS SHOW.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4-6
- 1 lb. of whole wheat pasta
- 1 cup of cashews
- 1 tbsp. of corn starch
- 1 tbsp. of nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. of cumin
- 1 tsp. of chili powder
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp. of paprika
- 5 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- 2 jalapenos, diced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add onion + S+P + let caramelize for 18-20 minutes
- Add 1 jalapeno + 1 tbsp. of garlic + S+P a few minutes before your onions are done
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions
- Meanwhile meanwhile, in a food processor, combine cashews + corn starch + yeast + cumin + chili powder + red pepper + paprika + rest of the garlic + broth + other jalapeno + S+P, pulse until liquified
- In the warm pot you cooked the pasta in, combine noodles + cashew cheese + S+P
- In a sprayed baking sheet, lay out the pasta + sprinkle with breadcrumbs
- Cook covered for 20 minutes
- Uncover + cook for 10 more minutes
- Take foot bath in remaining cashew cheese
Adjusted the cashew cheese from here:
13 thoughts on “Vegan Caramelized Onion + Jalapeno Mac n Cheese”
Love Cops as well. My dad is a police officer and his unit was just filmed for a couple weeks for an episode. Can’t wait to see it. This recipe looks great, thanks for sharing! You always have the best recipes on your blog!
OMG my husband will die when I tell him your dad is going to be on the show. You’re so kind – thank you for reading!
OMG I LOVE PASTA I LOVE CHEESE I LOVE SPICY FOOD and I’m vegetarian I need to make this
All of the best things, am I right or am I right?
Are y’all us? Are we you? I don’t know how many times Nick and I get sucked into the COPS marathons and have had that sad realization that yes, we’ve seen this episode. COPS Reloaded is on a whole other level though… good TV right there.
Thoughts for an alternative to cashews? I unfortunately am allergic to tree nuts, but everything else sounds right up my alley!
OMG please don’t get him started on COPS Reloaded. I can’t handle it.
Sooooo many alternatives. Probably the easiest recipe I’ve seen uses an eggplant instead of the nuts…. sounds strange & I haven’t tried it, but I think it works….!
Ok this sounds amazing.
It was. It really was. Thank you for reading! 🙂
Looks like I’m missing out on ‘Cops’ I think I’ll have to look it up (I’m in UK). As for this dish it looks yummy and I’m sure my boys would eat it too ☺ Only just discovered nutritional yeast so I’m very pleased to find a tasty recipe. Thank you!
Don’t look it up! The men in your house will never watch anything else – I swear. They will, however, enjoy this mac n cheese. 🙂 Thanks for reading!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Lol 😛 🙂 Mac n Cheese it is then! 🙂
I need a food processor! I realize this now more than ever. Do you use a fancy shmancy one or will any cheap nutribullet type thing do the trick?
Yes you do! I do believe a nutribullet would work for your food processing needs, but it’s much smaller. But best believe I was making pesto in a blender pre-processer. 🙂