My BFF spent 12 days in WA with me.
Would your BFF fly across the country & spend 12 days with you because your husband is out playing in the woods for work? No, that’s the answer.
Everyone was all, “Aren’t y’all going to get sick of each other?” And we were all, “Obvio, but we’ll just slap each other around a bit and get over it like normal people.”
We did all of the things – went to all of the cities, ate all of the vegan food (& cheated on our diets a bit – PLS LOVE ME I’M ONLY HUMAN!!!), went on long walks, saw Coldplay in concert (v casual), ate more food, watched some sad TV, and ended the visit with a trip to Whole Foods because I am a really adventurous host. I offered to let her be my assistant/doggy nanny and told her she could live in the guest bedroom for a small rent & cleaning fee, but, sadly, she returned to Memphis.
Luckily, we have matching shark tattoos to remember it all by.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 1 tart
- 10 sheets of phyllo dough, thawed
- 1 lb. of heirloom tomatoes, washed + sliced thin
- 1 shallot, sliced thin
- 1 cup of basil, chiffonaded
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
- 7 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, for taste
- Preheat oven to 375
- Brush a baking sheet with 1 tbsp. of oil
- Lay a sheet of phyllo dough + brush with 2 tsp. of olive oil + sprinkle with 1 tsp. of breadcrumbs
- Top with another sheet of dough + repeat
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden + crisp to your desire
- Meanwhile, heat remaining tbsp. of olive oil in a skillet over low-med heat
- Add shallot + S+P, cook for 5-6 minutes
- To serve, top warm dough with tomatoes + shallot + basil + some S+P
- Cut it up + serve warm
- Make a fist + punch your tart until it all crumbles into lil bits making it easier for you to vacuum up with your pie hole
Original idea from here!