My husband has been really into spoiling me lately.
Should I be worried?
Every turn I take, there are treats awaiting me!
Like, this weekend, we spent three hours at Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods and followed it up with a stroll through Walmart (I needed clothes hangers). Bub spots the ladies pajamas and is all, “Ohhhh you need new sleepies!!” I’m all, umm you bet I do! He picked me out a gorgeous $4 mumu with moose on them. Then, he snuck Reese’s trees and a Seahawks scarf into the buggy (his podunk word, not mine). Tonight, the man comes home with not one, but TWO creme bluree scented candles that he found on clearance. I’m sorry, but what did I do to deserve this royal treatment???
I suppose folding his underwear and meal prepping his slimy chicken weekly does deserve some perks.
Time: 2 hours (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4-6
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp. of ground flaxseed
- 2/3 cup of cashew milk
- 1/3 cup of vegan butter, melted
- 2 tbsp. of maple syrup
- 3 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 1 tsp. of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup of vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas until smooth
- Stir the flax + milk + butter + maple syrup + vanilla into the banana
- Stir the sugar + oats + baking soda + baking powder + salt + flour into the wet ingredients
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Pour into loaf pan + top with walnuts
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the center clean
- Let cool for 30 minutes before removing from the pan + letting cool another 15 minutes
- Serve warm with extra vegan butter
- Turn off all light + shut blinds + stand at kitchen counter + eat every crumb of this alone like the vampire carb monster you are
Modified from here!