There’s a reason I didn’t go into the medical field.
You might guess it’s because of the blood or guts or puke or just bodily functions in general.
Those don’t really bother me tbh. I’m just a big, fat spaz.
Due to some stellar medical issues, I have to take these shots. I was in the doctor’s office yesterday and my nurse showed me how to do my new shot and then asked me to demonstrate so she knew I wasn’t an idiot. My how she overestimated me. Not only am I an idiot, I am a dangerous idiot. I put the shot together just fine. I was taking it apart and putting the little plastic piece back on the needle when somehow the needle went sideways through the plastic and into my finger. It bled. I let out a minor profanity. My nurse was like, “Huh OK I have truly never seen that before.”
What can I say, I like being the first at things.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 7-8 dolmas
- 1 bunch of lacinato kale leaves
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 package of tempeh, crumbled
- 2 cups of brown rice, cooked
- 1/4 cup of fresh dill
- 2 tbsp. of parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of vegan, plain yogurt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- S+P, to taste
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil
- Add kale leaves a few at a time, cooking for 3-4 minutes
- Remove + place on a kitchen towel + pat dry
- In a bowl, combine yogurt + lemon juice + some S+P, set aside
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add onion + S+P, cook for 3-4 minutes
- Add garlic, cook another minute
- Add tempeh, cook 6-7 minutes or until starting to brown
- Add rice + parsley + dill + S+P, cook another 1-2 minutes
- Turn off heat, add half of the yogurt mix
- Place a kale leaf on a flat surface
- Fill with a hefty scoop of the rice mix right in the middle
- Fold like a hamburger first, then a hotdog (you know what I’m talking about), place seam side down on a plate
- Serve with remaining yogurt sauce
- Accidentally eat all of them in one sitting + watch your tummy balloon from all of the delectable rice kernels
Adapted from here!