It’s time I reveal a secret to you.
I would prefer to wait until the very last minute, but literally nothing else is going on in my life so here it goes.
And not just with tater tots. But a real, live fetus. Growing in my womb. I still can’t believe. We tried for so long and were first class passengers on the fertility struggle bus. This little bit is the biggest blessing of our whole lives!!!! But she is also trying to kill me. I thought girls don’t fight with their moms until they’re like 14??? Who knew it would happen this soon?! Really she’s just making my BP plummet on random occasions and making me feel like I’m going to faint while leading a Zoom call. V professional. Whatever, she’s worth it. But I am adding it to the spreadsheet of all the crap she’s put us through that I plan to whip out and review when she’s being a big ole turd.
Oh, and fried potatoes are a pregnant girl’s #1 BFF.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- Half a package of frozen tots
- Cheese sauce from here
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed + drained
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup of pickled red onions
- Cilantro, for serving
- Cook tots according to package directions
- Meanwhile, prepare cheese sauce
- Once tots are crisp, scooch them together + top with beans + red pepper + cherry tomatoes + cheese sauce
- Pop back in the oven at 450 for about 5-6 minutes or the broiler for just a hot minute until cheese has browned a little
- Top with red onion + cilantro
- Serve hot
- Put a whole slop of these into a bowl + just enjoy the tater tot bowl of your dreams
2 thoughts on “Classic Totchos”
Congratulations! I wish you a healthy and happy pregnancy and a delightful little baby girl! And this recipe looks just perfect!!!
Congratulations! 🙂 Fried potatoes are always a girls best friend!