We had the loveliest virtual shower this weekend!
I was incredibly anxious about it – surprise, surprise.
As you all know, I never mind being the center of attention…except when it’s for real life things.
Allow me to explain. I don’t mind getting on stage at a karaoke bar and belting out Adele to a room full of strangers – friends taking embarrassing photos, the whole nine. I DO, however, mind things like birthday parties and showers where I am the object of everyone’s focus for no other reason than existing. Add in having to open presents in front of people?! I can’t imagine a more pure form of torture. THEN throw in doing it virtually?! You would think that might make it better, but it adds another layer of complex emotions I can’t handle. So basically I spent the morning of this baby shower crying. I’d like to blame hormones, but it’s just me.
We did get some DOPE gifts tho, I just wish Garrett was forced to open and react on camera instead.
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 3-4 ripe avocados
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed + drained
- 1 can of black eyes peas, rinsed + drained
- 1 corn on the cob
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup of cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. of cumin
- S+P, to taste
- In a bowl, combine quinoa + beans + corn + red bell pepper + red onion + lime juice + cilantro + cumin + S+P
- Open an avocado + remove the pit + add some of the caviar + more cilantro
- Serve chilled
- Smash it all up + slop up the contents of the plate
Adapted from here!