I dressed up as a bag lady for Halloween.
By that, I mean I wore two ginormous sweaters, my Big Lots slippers and tucked my leggings into knee socks.
Big hit with the kids.
I could barely sit still yesterday. I was so anxious to see all of the small tots dressed up as Elsa’s and super heroes I have never heard of. I even put the candy in a porcelain bowl & lit all of my pumpkin candles. I was ready! Prepared for a full night of trick-or-treaters! Unfortunately, there was a really adorable mini Luigi with a lil mustache & he won me over & I gave him all of our candy so our porch light was out by 6:15 p.m.
There was also an edible lil Pikachu who yelled at me for giving his friend the good candy.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut in florets
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed + drained
- 1 tsp. of cumin
- 1 tsp. of chili powder
- 1 tsp. of paprika
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1 tsp. of onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1 bag of cole slaw mix
- 1/2 cup of vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. of dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. of honey
- 1/2 tsp. of apple cider vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 lime, plus more for serving
- S+P, to taste
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- Corn tortillas
- Jalapenos, for serving
- Avocado, for serving
- Sriracha, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a bowl, combine cumin + chili powder + paprika + garlic powder + onion powder + crushed red pepper + S+P
- Add cauliflower + chickpeas to bowl + spread rub evenly on veggies
- Arrange on a lined baking sheet + drizzle with olive oil
- Roast for 25-30 minutes, flipping once in the middle of cook time
- Meanwhile, combine cole slaw + vegan mayonnaise + dijon mustard + honey + apple cider vinegar + lime + S+P, refrigerate
- Arrange roasted veggies on warm tortillas + top with slaw + jalapenos + lime juice + avocado+ sriracha, serve warm
- Pick up each side of tortilla + sling shot the contents at your face, beware of jalapeno in the eye