I forgot how utterly exhausting socializing is.
What a blessed 2.5 month break it’s been from having to converse with humans.
North Carolina is starting to reopen and we are cautiously re-entering society. Kind of.
We grabbed takeout with a couple friends Sunday and sat outside at a brewery and ate before anyone else arrived. As soon as other peeps showed up, your sane girl made us pack it up and go home. I’m sorry, I’ve never really trusted any strangers, but NOW?! Monday we went to a cookout. Not to worry, I stayed outside, kept my distance and squirted hand sanitizer on me any time someone selfishly shook my hand or went for a hug. I literally kept a bottle by me all afternoon. *Sane* I’m telling you, two days of being out of the house and I was WHOOPED. My voice is actually hoarse today from all of the talking.
We were also ASLEEP by 8:30pm which isn’t really a huge stretch for us, but still noteworthy.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2-3 salads
- 3 beets, peeled + rinsed + tops cut off
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained + rinsed
- 1 cup of quinoa, cooked
- 1/4 cup of pickled red onions
- 4-6 cups of mixed greens
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 6 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400
- Arrange each bit in a lil foul patch + drizzle each with a tbsp. of olive oil + some S+P, wrap up em up but not super tight + place on a baking sheet
- Arrange chickpeas on a separate lined baking sheet + drizzle with 1 tbsp. of olive oil + S+P
- Roast beets for 40-45 minutes or until tender + chickpeas for about 20-25 minutes, tossing once
- Meanwhile, stir lemon juice + remaining olive oil + S+P
- Once beets are cooled, dice em up
- To serve, arrange greens on a plate + top with quinoa + chickpeas + beets + pickled red onions + lemon dressing
- Once consumed, eat some cake or pie to counteract the nutrition
7 thoughts on “Beet + Chickpea Salad”
The final instruction made me smile! The salad looks wonderful though and healthy!
Hahaha I’m so glad! The salad is delightful 🙂
I love pretty salads!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Looks so delicious!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Fabulous. We love salads over the summer. I’ll up the ante with our lettuce and rocket (from our veg patch), goat cheese, free range chili pork sausage and avocado salad, dressed with olive oil and balsamic reduction topped off with edible violas and brassica flowers: https://myhomefarm.co.uk/best-salad-of-the-year-so-far