I’ve revealed far too many fears to all of you – but I’m not done yet.
Nothing makes my heart & mind race more than a knock on my door.
This isn’t Leave It to Beaver, people. We live in a scary world. I don’t know who is on the other side of that door. He could have a bazooka or a sword or something.
Like, does anyone actually buy the junk the door-to-door salesman people sell? I don’t need my carpets cleaned or a tupperware set. I want to avoid stroke & that can only happen if these people NEVER KNOCK ON MY DOOR AGAIN.
I practically spilled this bowl all over myself when the second knock came.
Time: 40 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2
- 2 cans of black beans, rinsed + drained
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 2 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 2 cups of vegetable stock
- 1 tsp. of cumin
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp. of garlic salt
- 1 tbsp. of shredded cheese + more for serving, hot pepper used here
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Heat olive oil in a large stock pot over medium heat
- Add onion + cook for 4-5 minutes
- Add garlic + cook for another 1-2 minutes
- Add beans + jalapeno + stock + cumin + crushed red pepper + garlic salt + S+P
- Bring to a simmer, cover + cook for 25-30 minutes, stirring occassionally
- Once beans are tender, add cheese + lime juice + S+P
- Serve piping hot with extra cheese + tortilla chips
- Use chips as a device to stuff beans in mouth quicker